Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stage Stars Karaoke

Steve is a fantastic DJ invoking loyal patrons to his four nights a week at The Office. However, being impressed may be hard. Steve is an okay singer but he's a great DJ and loves his work. He's a huge fan of Tracy Byrd and can sing those songs perfects, however when singing other things he completely lacks. You'll get plenty of time to sing if you show up on a week night because not many people are out and about.

The patrons that attend his regular karaoke are  mediocre at best with a few shining stars mixed in. One in particular really stood out and if I would have to believe that Elvis is alive I would have to admit that he is living in Missouri and goes to karaoke at The Office. The rest of the patrons that sang weren't very good at all but they were very encouraging to everyone that participated. Another singer that stood out to me was a little old woman, she sounded horrible but she made me chuckle to myself a lot because she was just so funny about her performance and she seemed to really be having a great time.

If you plan on going more than once you might like it here, but for those that are just out to have a little fun I wouldn't even bother for there are many other places to go on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Saturday night.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for the informtion,
    i'll try somewhere else.
    thanks
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been here regularly and actually find it more for an older not younger crowd. While I realize this is for a journalism class, I think you are being quite harsh towards the establishment, patrons, and Steve. While it's not a bar for everyone, it IS alot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off I would like to say Karaoke is about having fun and that is it. if we were all shining stars as the review says, we would not being hanging out in a local bar.Steve loves his job and has fun doing it. He makes his singers feel comfortable and encourages them to have a good time. The review was a little off by saying Steve is into Tracy Byrd, that would be Trace Adkins. Yes he does sing them songs very well. He also sings other songs well.Steve is not a KJ that gets up there and sings all the time. That is for the clientel. There are KJ's that actually put themselves in a lineup and sings the same as everyone else because they want to or because they are good. It is not a one man show, it is karaoke for everyone to have a good time and sing. He is really good at sound as well and knows how to tune you in and adjust your voice to make you sound the best taht he can. Steve runs a good show and does not show favortism by no means. If you want to sing without being skipped and if you want a wide variety of music to choose from. He si your guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, I'm not saying anything negative about Steve himself, I've attended karaoke with him for a lot of years. He's a pretty nice guy if you can get him talking and having fun. He's a great DJ and I love the fact that he feels this is his calling because he does do a great job. My only problem is that I think it would be more fun for people who are just out for one night or just to have fun with their friends to go somewhere else. Steve pulls a huge fan base and that's great for him, it just isn't great for me. It could have been my experience overall with the bar while I was there but then we all have our own opinions about people and places we go. Let me say, also, that I'm not saying you have to be a shining star. I love to sing but I am by no means anywhere close to fantastic or even good for that matter, but I enjoy doing it and spending time with my friends, which is what it's all about in the end.

    ReplyDelete