Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Office

The Office is lively but a bit on the smaller side, though it's larger than what it appears on the outside. The patrons of a younger generation and they have pool tables in the back but they don't the dart boards one would normally find in a bar.

The owners are very guarded about their bar and don't seem to tolerate people asking questions of their guests. While doing a little research for this blog I was asking different people questions about karaoke and was asked to leave without being able to give an explanation of what I was doing. They told me that it was bothering their customers, though the ones that I talked to didn't seem to mind that I was there at all.

The bartender, Tara, 23, makes a killer Bomb Pop drink which actually tastes like the popsicle in which it gets its name and even floats a red, white, and blue look. The drink itself will knock you on your butt if given the opportunity to drink enough depending on your tolerance.

Patrons are especially nice but seem to be a little on the uptight side if they aren't drinking and most of the men tend to gather around the bar while the women sit at the tables. The patrons like to dance and groove on the dance floor which is stationed right under the small stage platform.

The different activities that you can join in are Cardinal Baseball Thursday day games with free food and beer specials.
Wednesday nights are twofers for women.

Overall Experience: 2/5
Cleanliness Overall: 5/5
Cleanliness of Bathrooms: 3/5
Smokiness: 5/5
Food: N/A
Service: 2/5
Roominess: 3/5
Parking: 3/5

3 comments:

  1. OOh, they didn't get a good overall rating,
    but great information.
    thanks
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. The owners adn bartenders are very friendly and outgoing. They like for everyone to have a good time and enjoy their evening. generally when you are there, the crowd is more a hapily mixed gathering of people in different age brackets all getting along and having a good time. Not only do the have pool tables in the back, they also have bowling machines.There is an outside patio, you can even play washers or just sit and enjoy the outside air, while still being at the bar hanging out with your friends and doing karaoke. you ought to check it outif given the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never said that the bar wasn't a decent place to go. I wasn't given the opportunity to do any real research into the place. When I tried to ask the patrons questions as well as the bartender I was told, kindly, that I need to stop or get out because they considered it solicitation. I couldn't even get a breath in the explain what I was trying to do and frankly I don't call that friendly. I understand from a bars point of view that they don't want their customers bothered but it wasn't like I was there trying to sell something or the likes of that, I just wanted the patron's opinion on karaoke.

    ReplyDelete